Is it difficult to eat healthy on the go?
In modern society, not having enough time is a common problem. The result is the overwhelming success of fast food chains and snack bars. But a lot of the “healthier” food options at these places tend to have more calories and sugar than the unhealthy ones. And snack foods designed for on-the-go are often packed with artificial flavors, sugars and preservatives.
This makes it difficult when you’re trying to lead a healthy lifestyle by following a low carb high fat diet, ketogenic diet, or strict workout regimen like crossfit.
So, what can you do? – Incorporate MCT oil into your diet.
What is MCT Oil?
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are healthy, energizing fats derived from coconuts. They are rapidly metabolized so the calories in MCTs are turned into energy that the body uses instead of storing them as fat. MCT oil is a concentrated source of MCTS. This supplement has become increasingly popular in recent years with dieters, athletes and bodybuilders alike for its ability to aid in weight loss.
MCT Oil or Coconut Oil?
MCT oil is derived from coconuts, a natural source of MCTs. While coconut oil has a high concentration of these fats, MCT oil is more concentrated. So, which one is better for your body? It really depends on your fitness goals. If you’re focusing more on internal health, then you may want to consider coconut oil. However, MCT oil offers the same benefits in addition to being better for fast and lasting energy, which makes it the ideal supplement for working out.
Benefits of MCT Oil for Performance
Because MCTs are taken straight to the liver, rather than metabolized through the digestive process like other fats, they provide energy almost instantly. And this energy is well sustained, giving you the initial boost of energy you need to get started, and maintaining a level of energy that keeps you pushing through a workout. Unlike most other fats you get from foods, MCTs do not require energy for the body to absorb, store or use it - leaving more energy for your workout.
On top of that, MCTs improve your metabolism and blood sugar regulation, so the benefits of consuming them extend beyond the workout. When it comes to increasing productivity, there’s really no substitute for these natural, energizing fats.
Top 5 Benefits of MCT Oil
1. You get the benefits of an energy boost without relying on addictive sugars.
2. MCTs may increase your body’s ability to burn fat and calories, making it easier to lose weight. This could be especially effective when combined with a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
3. MCTs enhance your body’s ability to absorb fat-soluble nutrients from foods. This helps your digestive tract and may lead to improved mood and clearer thinking – a great boost for any workout.
4. If you are struggling with a hormone imbalance, MCTs can help. Research suggests these fats can help you maintain healthy weight by improving insulin activity and balancing your hormones.
5. MCTs have antiviral and antibacterial properties. These healthy fats can help your body maintain proper immune function, which in turn helps with fat absorption.
Incorporating MCT Oil into Your Diet
MCT oils are found naturally in coconut oil, palm oil and whole milk, but consistently fitting these sources into your diet enough to take advantage of its benefits may not be realistic. For an easy on-the-go snack that meets your nutrition needs and fits your schedule, we recommend choosing MCTbar. MCT oil is a unique ingredient in MCTbar, making them a healthy snack option that your body will thank you for.